Chocolate Coconut Cookies (Grain, Dairy and Sugar Free)
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)*
- 1/2 cup flax meal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)*
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (I use Coconut Secret brand)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup xylitol depending on how sweet you like your cookies**
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoured liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 - 4 eggs to make your total liquid 1 cup
* If you don't have flax meal you can use almond meal instead (2 cups total).
** I used 1/3 cup xylitol and the chocolate is similar to bittersweet chocolate. The xylitol I use is made from Birch (Smart Sweet brand)
Preheat oven to 350F
Combine almond flour, coconut, xylitol, and salt in a bowl.
Sift together and add to bowl: coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix together until well combined.
Melt coconut oil in a glass measuring cup. I use the microwave but you could set the glass measuring cup in a pot of hot water to get it to melt.
Add stevia to coconut oil.
Add one egg at a time (mixing well after each egg) until your liquid measures 1 cup. I used 2 eggs but my eggs are very large so you may need 3 or 4 eggs to get 1 cup of liquid.
Add liquid to dry ingredients and mix well.
Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets lined with baking parchment.
Bake for 12-14 minutes in oven. Remove and let cool on the cookie sheets. Enjoy!
(Makes approximately 24 cookies)