Friday, May 06, 2011

Blankets


I love crocheting blankets. I think they are the most fun to crochet and work up so much faster than knitting them. And one more bonus ... crochet uses up more yarn than knitting does. If you have seen my "stash" then you know I need to use up some yarn! But that doesn't seem to stop me from purchasing more when there is a good deal to be had :)

This first blanket is from the pattern Easy Ripple Afghan by SusanB. I chained 98 to produce a blanket that is 29" x 32". I love the pink, green and white together. So much so that I bought yarn from JoAnns that is the same colourway and made this next blanket from it.

The yarn is JoAnns Sensations Little Treat and is really nice and soft. The yarn does all the colour changing so no extra tails to weave in at the end. The pattern is Lovely Lattice Baby Blanket by Diana Richie. It is available from the Heavenly Angels In Need forum.

Finally, the last blanket I've finished in the past month or so is Blanket for Baby made with JoAnns Sensations Little Treat yarn as well. This time in blue, green and white. This is the third time I've made this pattern so it must be good. I usually don't make anything more than once because I get bored. I think I chained about 100 for a finished blanket of 22" x 25".

All three of these blankets will go to NILMDTS photographers to use in their angel sessions.

Currently on the needles is the Wool Eater Blanket made with many leftover balls of 100% wool yarn. I'm sending this one to Pine Ridge Hospital Maternity Ward in SD when it's done. Picture next time.

Enjoy the rest of May and I hope that the weather where you are is much better than it is here in the PNW. So rainy and grey but good knitting/crocheting weather!

1 comment:

HelenL said...

I thought I saw you knitting in the waiting room yesterday! Or were you crocheting?