Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm Back

It has been an eventful 2 weeks and I managed to get quite a few knit items completed. First we lost power for 5 days. It really made me appreciate my microwave and drier. We have a generator so we did have most conveniences ... heat, hot water, lights, stove and even our espresso maker worked. And since the TV didn't work and we couldn't do much shopping I spent much time knitting as well as playing games with my kids.

I promised to post a picture of the fingerless gloves that I made my niece. Well, I forgot to take a picture before I mailed them to her but I decided to make a pair for me. The pattern is from the Giving Flower website. I knit mine using Peruvian Highland Wool from Elann and the cuff has a strand of Knit One Purl Two Sublime knit along with the wool. When the power was out I used them in the morning to knit since the house was cold and they worked great!

Next I worked on the dishcloth KAL pattern that was posted for mid December. The power was still out and our internet wouldn't work so I used my cell phone to download the instructions each morning (what would we do without all the technology). It is a very pretty lace pattern. If you sign up with the monthly dishcloth KAL on yahoo you can find the pattern (and many more).



And finally I finished this hat and bootie set also while we had no power. I made up the pattern for the hat and the bootie pattern came from the Ray of Hope website. Thanks Carol for a very easy to follow and easy to knit pattern. I used Bernat Softee Baby yarn.

I have more completed projects and will post those in a few days as well as a new pattern for a newborn cabled hat and bootie set. We had a wonderful time visiting my mom and dad in British Columbia. They had snow so we went sledding with my sister and her family. Lots of fun was had by all!

No comments: