Friday, December 05, 2008

What I've Been Up To

Looks like I'm posting about once a month at the moment. Maybe I will have the desire to post more in January ... should I make it a New Years resolution? Probably not since we all know how long most resolutions last. You will have to bare with my sporadic posting at the moment (if anyone even comes here to see what I'm doing ).

Alright, onto the good stuff. I've been trying to cut up and sew up the wedding gowns I have here taking up space. At one point I think I had 4 gowns sitting in boxes around my room. In the past month one gown has been completely used up and another is almost used up. I think I will try to make a couple of small blankets from the rest of the gown I have. I seem to end up with lots of little gowns and not so many blankets.

The two sewn gowns are from the Newborns In Need pattern set #3. The pattern makes beautiful gowns to fit 2-3lb preemie angels. The other picture with 4 gowns is made from a pattern I designed. They open in the front so the tiniest of angels can be easily placed in the gown and then velcroed closed. These gowns fit approximately 1lb preemie angels.

The pink blanket is knit with two strands of yarn held together. I used Patons Astra and Patons Pearl Twist (no longer available). And size 6.0mm needles so the blanket works up fast. This one turned out to be 30" x 30". I also knit a blue one (which I didn't get a picture of) and it came out to be 29" x 29". The pattern is Brooke Baby Afghan by Ann V. Gallentine.

All these items were mailed today to a couple of NILMDTS (Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep) photographers.

Have I been doing anything for me? Of course! I always have stuff going that I want to make for myself but the charity items usually take the front seat so my stuff takes for ever to complete.

A while ago I bought the Selbuvotter book. It is full of mitten and glove patterns from Norway. My grandfather was born and grew up in Norway before moving to Canada so these patterns always have a special place in my heart. I chose to do Annemor #8 from the book using Jojoland Melody and Knitpicks Pallette for the yarn. This picture was taken a while ago and as of now, one glove is almost finished. This is not a "knit in front of the tv" project. It takes lots of concentration (for me anyway) and no interruptions.

Other projects (without pictures) that I'm working on are --- sweater for Mittens for Akkol, scarves for Operation School Bell, and a quilt for my bed.

If I don't get another post in before Christmas, I want to wish all of you a very merry Christmas and I pray that God will bless you with much abundance and health in the New year!!!

6 comments:

Katney said...

Of course, we come to see what youa re doing. Following helps because then I know when you have posted and don't miss it.

Thank you for what you do.

MaryMGlynn said...

Oh Cheryl I love your start of your personal project! Beautiful!!! Can't wait to see it complete! And you must take a picture of your quilt when it is complete I bet it will be stunning!!!
Onto the charity stuff, I have loves all your gowns, I must say these ones are extra beautiful!!! You are so talented, beautiful work! I visit your blog daily, by the way!

Renee said...

Those are lovely mittens -- they look great! And the Charity items are very sweet as well...

Ann said...

The gowns and other things that you have made for the babies are precious. And thank you for the link to NILMDTS.

Sandy said...

As always, beyond beautiful. Will be checking back for updates and new pics etc.

Have a good one.
Sandy

Nancy said...

I just found your blog. You have made some beautiful and delightful items. I've been some gowns, but they are not nearly as nice as yours. I have bookmarked the Brooke Afghan for a future project.