Friday, April 27, 2012

More Wedding Dresses

I am so excited because a friend is trying to get a few more wedding dresses for me to use to make preemie baby gowns. Here are 4 that I've just finished from a beautiful wedding gown given to me a couple of years ago (yes it does take me a while to get finished with each dress). The 2 smaller baby dresses will fit 2-3lb preemies and the 2 larger gowns will fit 4-5lb preemies. The wedding gown was so beautiful I really didn't want to cut into it. But once I got started I absolutely loved the gowns I've made from it.

 
Here are a couple of pictures of the wedding gown before I started cutting. I just love all the bead work and lace but it does pose a challenge for how to cut it to get the most out of all the fabric.

I've made a few other gowns/outfits from this dress (9 total) and still have fabric left to make a few more.

These baby dresses get donated to hospitals and Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS) photographers through a charity Heavenly Angels In Need (HAIN). HAIN is always looking for more volunteers who can knit, crochet, sew, or make memory boxes as we have a very large list of organizations looking for donations from us. There are many free patterns online for preemie and micro preemie gowns, outfits, hats, blankets, booties, and wraps that the hospitals and photographers like to receive from us.

Join our forum and find out what is happening today!


No comments: