Wednesday, October 04, 2006

So Happy

I am soooo happy that I have my sewing machine back and in working order! I had cut out fabric for two more onsies and a burial dress a couple of months ago and have finally sewed them together. I think I am getting quite a few things to fill a box to send to HAIN. Keep an eye out Janina.

It only took a few days ... In my last post I vowed I wouldn't start anything new. Well, I did. I kept getting emails (probably two which shows how easy I am) from Afghans for Afghans pleading with us to make more sweaters and vests to send to school children in Afghanistan. I just couldn't help myself and started a vest. I found the Warm Woolies website with some wonderful vest, hat and mitten patterns using two strands of worsted weight yarn held together. The items work up very fast and I am almost finished with the body of the vest in size 8 (though it looks like it will be larger than that). They have vest-of-the-month patterns with some really neat ideas to jazz up a simple vest.

I think most of my sewing projects that I had started are complete, except for the pile of quilt tops I have sitting here staring at me. I am going to start on those next! I really am ...

2 comments:

Candy said...

I like the solid lace overlay. I have some satin that needs to be used. I might get some lace to add to it.

MaryMGlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!