Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Not Another Quilt

Yup ... you heard right. I decided last week that I need a quilt for my bed. I have never made - or maybe I should say never finished - a queen size quilt. I do have two tops sitting here that are both about queen size. One is black and bright block of the month (BOM) that I did two years ago from the PlanetPatchwork website. The other is was a New Years Day mystery quilt from A Pocket Full of Mysteries yahoo group from about 1 year ago. I don't "love" either of them so I am sure that is why they are not quilted.

My favourite colours are teal and purple and I have quite a few fabrics in those colours. I was browsing through EQ6s library of blocks and found one that I like and would work well in a large size - 18" finished - and scrappy fabrics. I didn't have any background fabric so needed to go to the store and purchase that - but I was good and didn't get anything else LOL!

The only downside of the block I chose is that it is entirely made from 1/2 square triangles. 576 of them to do the quilt ... yikes what am I getting myself into. Probably setting myself up for another UFO ... but what the hay :-) What's another UFO when you already have .... so many of them!

Progress - I have all the fabric for the blocks cut out and all the teal/purple and teal/light 1/2 square triangle blocks sewn. Getting there ....

Other finished stuff - I finished the pair of socks for Afghans for Afghans and also made a red hat for their circus challenge. Need to get those off in the mail today.

Happy Valentines Day! XOXOXO

1 comment:

MaryMGlynn said...

Would you like to be a receiver for wedding gowns to maybe turn into quilts or fetal wrap/angel wraps? Your work is precious!! You might have already said yes, lol