My sewing machine is feeling more loved. I actually unpacked it from 2 weeks of sitting in its rolling case after attending a quilting group. And I sewed some blocks for Home of the Brave quilt project -- 10 of them actually. These quilts are sent to comfort loved ones who have lost soldiers in Iraq or Afghanistan. The blocks -- Cross X or Album -- are really easy to make. You can find instructions to make a block or two here.
I did do some knitting over the weekend as well. My Trekking XXL sock is coming along. I did find the beginning of the repeat for the yarn so my second sock will be very similar in colour striping to the first sock. Yeah!! I only knit about 1 1/2" of ribbing before realizing that the colour was repeating so not much time wasted!
I started another hat for the Dulaan Project. This is a mock earflap hat knit on 3.5mm needles using worsted weight 100% wool yarn. The earflaps are made by knitting short rows back and forth which results in flaps that are smaller than ones that would be knit and then added on to the hat. I chose a pattern from one of my Japanese Knitting Books to use in the plain part of the hat. I am really liking how it is turning out and it is not difficult to knit. Yeah!!