Wednesday, September 05, 2007

School Starts Today

For us, today is the first full day of classes. My girls were excited about going and getting the year started with new teachers and old friends. Summer was fun, but I am definitely ready for some routine in my days!

I finally finished this sweater for Afghans for Afghans. I started it many months ago and can finally count it "off the needles".

Yarn: Jojoland Melody 2 strands together
Elann Peruvian Highland Wool
Needles: 4.5mm and 3.5mm
Pattern: From Margaret Hubert's Book One Piece Knits That Fit
Size: child 5/6


A very easy knit in one piece sweater!




One mitten complete. I really like how this turned out. I wasn't sure that my stranding would be "ok" but it looks fine to me. It was a bit tight when I changed from one needle to another, but I will need to concentrate on that for the next mitt. It is started and the check pattern is completed.
Yarn: Cascade 220 dark green and yellow
Needles: 3.5mm - 2 circulars
Pattern: Fana from Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski

3 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Two really nice projects! Good work!

MaryMGlynn said...

Cheryl, I know the feeling. My youngest just started school this year. I am so excited for him! He is excited too.
Anyway I love the colors of the mitten. If you lived in Eugene OR this is the college colors there. Oregon Ducks. I am a beavers fan orange and black but its neat seeing the exact colors as the ducks. You don't see that much and I have never seen a pair of mittens in this particular color. Its really cool!!!! Great job!!!

Love you, Mary

Pat said...

I love one piece sweaters! and yours is very pretty - that background color is so subtle and beautiful! and that mitt is wonderful..
VERY generous charity knitting!!