Thursday, May 03, 2012

Squirrels

Squirrels and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory ... what do those two have in common you might ask. Well, there are squirrels in the musical and even though this book was one of my favourites when I was a kid I had no idea. Now, you might ask what does this have to do with me? ... The middle school my daughter attends is putting on this musical in a few short weeks and I was asked to sew squirrel costumes. Here is my daughter in one of them. Though she is actually a reporter in the play and not a squirrel I think she makes a very good one!

So, three squirrel costumes down and one more to go by Monday. I think I will need to eat a few nuts before I go squirrely :)


Crocheting is keeping me relatively sane. I started this blanket a few weeks ago based on a stitch I found in a crochet stitch dictionary. Making up the border as I go and hope to write up a pattern for it in the near future. Could make one in pink and white to count towards our Pink and Blue challenge going on in the Heavenly Angels In Need forum this month and next. The short version of this challenge is you join either the pink or the blue team and cheer your team on to making the most items in the two months. I am on team pink and we seem to be having a bit of a hard time cheering each other on ... do you want to join us? I would love to have another cheer leader on board! Happy Crafting!



No comments: