For the last couple of months I have wanted to knit another pair of socks. I don't know why but I am fascinated with them. Having only knit one pair I can't say that I am really knowledgeable but I want to knit more. So I was excited when I received an email from Afghans4Afghans on Saturday asking sock knitters to knit wool socks. I even cast on that very day and have one sock 3/4s done.
The wool is Briggs&Little Tuffy sock yarn, 2ply and quite heavy and not very soft. I bought this untouched from Ram's Wool and probably wouldn't have bought it if I had actually touched it beforehand. The pattern is from Briggs&Little but I have modified it to use 2 circular needles and make the socks a little smaller. The pattern is for size large which to me was too big! I cast on 48 stitches and the sock will fit my leg and foot.
Do you want to knit some socks for Afghans4Afghans? Here are the guidelines:
- yarn must be at least 80%wool
- avoid white and very light colours
- size must fit a child 7 - 18 years old
- must have a heel and cover the lower leg
- must be knit and not crocheted
- received by March 7th (find address on their website)
Happy sock knitting :-)