Saturday, August 12, 2006

Back Home

We had a wonderful vacation ... relaxing on the beach, knitting, sitting in the airconditioning when it got too hot, knitting. I managed to make 5 hats and 2 pairs of booties.

My two daughters enjoyed the beach each day we were there. They loved the water but I think it was too cold. I only swam once.

We saw this buck in my parents back yard one day and a doe another day. They have a pond so the wildlife comes to have a drink.

On Tuesday we went to a different beach to meet my sister and her family for swimming and dinner. There was a forest fire quite a long ways away but the sky had a smoke haze. My youngest daughter spotted the sun behind the haze with a very eerie red glow to it.

Now back to reality. Cleaning and making meals. My DH left this morning on a motorcycle trip with a couple of friends so my daughters and I are heading to the community parade and festivities by ourselves. The sun is out and it promises to be warm by this afternoon.

No comments: