Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Actual Quilt Making

I have been inspired -- I am not sure by what but I have been working on some quilt tops.

The first is from donated fabric with cute pigs on the farm fabric. I had meant to make sawtooth star blocks but ended up sewing the wrong colour corner squares onto each flying goose. I wasn't about to rip it all out so I changed the pattern. I think it turned out very nice. I have the backing washed and am ready to layer and quilt. Maybe today! This quilt will go to ECEAP preschool program at Encompass in North Bend, WA.

The second quilt has blocks that were donated to me by Kirsten about 2 years ago. Am I slow or what!?! She had started this gorgeous quilt and had about 15 star blocks, 10 alternate blocks (don't know what to call them) and then quite a few pieced setting triangles. It looks like the blocks would have been set on point. Anyway, this quilt took very little time to put together and I have 2 others (a little bit bigger) with stars and alternate blocks to still put together. These will turn out to be about baby size so will go to Heavenly Angels In Need when I am done.

More finished knitting items next time :-)

No comments: