Saturday, June 30, 2007

Socks and Baby Dress

First up, as promised, socks! Here is the panda wool that I am using to knit the first set of socks. Panda Wool is 46% bamboo, 43% wool and 11% nylon and oh so soft with a little bit of sparkle. I am using 2.25mm needles and a pattern called double eyelet rib found in The Harmony Guide to Knitting Stitches. An old book that my mom gifted me when I was in college -- ages ago!

I am trying to knit two socks at once on two 24" circular needles and am not sure that I am liking it. It seems like a lot of fiddling with the needles but I am sure I will like it when I am done and have a pair of socks to wear (or gift, I haven't decided yet).

Next is the preemie dress I was working on last post. It is complete and I knit a bonnet to go with. The Heart2Heart dress pattern is by Mary Glynn and I knit it with Bernat Softee Baby on 3.75mm needles. I couldn't find bonnet pattern with the gauge I was using so I made my own. It looks like it will be about the right size to fit a 2-3lb preemie. This outfit will be going to HAIN but first I want to knit one more preemie outfit for a boy using this gown pattern that I found by Libby Wilson.

Happy Canada Day on Sunday to all Canadians!!

1 comment:

MaryMGlynn said...

You did a beautiful job on this gown Cheryl!! You simply amaze me! GREAT JOB!!! Gorgious!! -Mary