Monday, June 11, 2007

Just Popping In


Just wanted to post a quick note that I finished up the dress and bonnet outfit for Heavenly Angels In Need. It is small newborn size (6 -7lb baby) and the pattern was from BW Creations which doesn't seem to be available anymore. Barbara -- where did you go? I really like her patterns! The yarn is Softee Baby.

I finally had to make a list of things I want to knit. I found myself coming up with new ideas and kept getting off track.

Question for you: How many charities do you donate to?

I am currently donating to 4 and find myself overwhelmed occasionally. They are all great causes with immediate needs which initiates the problem for me -- which one is the priority? Anyway, just some food for thought and I would enjoy hearing your comments on the topic! Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Candy said...

Cheryl, that is very beautiful!!! Don't over burden yourself. Do what you can and know that you are helping way more than others out there!!

MaryMGlynn said...

Just beautiful!!! Your work is simply amazing. We are honored to have you with us Cheryl.
I know exactly how you feel when it comes to be stretched and where to give. I totally relate :)

Anne K. said...

Lovely gown. Wonderful texture.

On the number of charities - gee, it really varies for me. Biggest volume of my work goes to my local hospital, between the NICU, bereavement program, and the cancer center for the chemo caps. I'm also trying to direct a few things to the Emmazing Grace Foundation. Used to sew more for the Ships Projects, but now I send those things direct to my nephew in Iraq, and just send funds for postage to The Ships Project. I've recently discovered Warm Woolies, too, and think that might have to make it onto my list soon - I'm very impressed by that organization. And there are always the one-off things that crop up. I hear you, though, it can get overwhelming! Good reminder that we can't do everything, but we can do what we can.

Quail Hill Knits said...

The outfit is just beautiful. What a wonderful gift for charity. I support 5 charities and yes, sometimes it is overwhelming. The quickest way that I get annoyed with a cause is when I start receiving letter after letter dunning me for more money. I tend to send them a letter asking to be removed from their mailing list and finding another charity to support.