Thursday, June 21, 2007

Today It's Knitting

As promised here are some finished (and not so finished) knitting projects. As an aside I have one of the star quilts layered and ready to quilt and the other two star quilts are now pieced into tops. Yeah!!

First up, some knit baby hats. These hats will be given to our church's caring ministry for families of new bundles of joy. I hope it is a blessings to them.

From bottom left going clockwise ---
* Blue and white hat pattern from P2Designs and is knit with James C. Brett Kool Kotton (very soft cotton yarn);
* My own pattern knit with Paton's Astra yarn;
* Hat pattern by Lenore English knit with Paton's Astra yarn;
* And last, very cute hat by P2Designs and knit with the Kool Kotton. There is a sweater and cute socks that go with this hat.

And on the needles for myself (what a concept) is a sock. Knit in Plymouth Classics Sockotta colourway Sun Kissed. I am using Deby Lake's Tidal Wave Sock pattern. You can see the pattern much better on her picture than mine. These are short socks to wear in the summer. Did I ever say that I am always cold. It needs to be about 75F before I can take my socks off so they will definitely be worn (if I get them done in a timely manner that is).

Are you looking for sock patterns?? Check out Knitting Pattern Central. There are tons of free patterns there -- so many you would never need to buy another pattern or book (unless you like the eye candy all in one place)!

No comments: