Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Wednesday

My kids are happy anyway! It was sunny and warm here today, a great day for their first day off for summer holidays. They had a friend over to occupy them. Hopefully this is how the rest of the 8 weeks will be :-) The kids are happy and I get to knit, knit, knit (and maybe sew)!
Socks are finished. Yeah!! These were knit with Plymouth Classics Sockotto yarn on 2.25mm needles using Deby Lake's Tidal Wave pattern. I have to tell you that this yarn is not very soft. It is 45%cotton, 40% superwash wool and 15% nylon. It must be the cotton content that makes them a little "harsh". Not that I don't want to wear them ---

But I ordered some other sock yarn from Little Knits and it is oohhhh soooo soooffftt!! I got to touch and feel it today -- 4 balls of panda wool (40%bamboo, 43% wool and 11%nylon) and 1 ball of Fleece Artist's basic merino socks in Lily Pond --- Yummm. Of course I had to start knitting a pair of socks with the panda wool. I will show you a picture next time

Also started on the needles is a preemie dress. This is just the skirt so far (almost done). This is Mary Glynn's Heart2Heart pattern. I have made one before and her pattern was very easy to follow and the dress turns out adorable. I am using Bernat SofteeBaby yarn in a mottled pink and white colour

Til next time, keep on knitting :-)

No comments: