Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Leaf Scarf Started

I couldn't help myself and started the leaf scarf for my MIL. I really like how it is turning out.

I am off to a quilting retreat tomorrow for the weekend. There are 11 of us who are going to Leavenworth, WA to stay at Mrs. Anderson's B&B. It is an awesome place with Dee's quilt store, accommodations, and a large room to quilt in. I probably took way too many projects (am always too ambitious) but at least I won't get bored!

One of my email lists posted a note about a project that Save the Children organization is doing. Basically, you make a knit or crocheted hat, fill out a form and send it to them. They in turn will be sending them to President Bush to encourage him to help all the infants around the world that die within the first month of life. They have a few patterns on pages 5 and 6.

Heavenly Angels In Need (HAIN) just published their newest newsletter with lots of really interesting articles and inspirational stories. You can find previous newsletters on this page.

No comments: